9.16.2010

A PR Love Story



PR is my first love and this is our story.

Stage 1: ATTRACTION 
It began in 2004 during a college syposium where Ms.Cosette Romero of Fleishman-Hillard Manila was the guest speaker. I may not remember her exact words but I do remember how I felt as she shared stories about her work. I knew then that PR would be a career I'll definitely consider.

Stage 2: ROMANCE
Summer of 2006, I landed an internship at Perceptions Inc. and was assigned under the Microsoft account. The Nievas gave me a glimpse of the real PR world and showed me how interesting it was. With that, I'll always be grateful for them.

Stage 3: PASSION
In the same year, I met Ms.Cosette again. I finally got the chance to work with her in an event that was graced by former president Fidel V. Ramos. The short stint for made me decide to finally pursue a career in public relation.

Fleishman Manila Team

Stage 4: INTIMACY
Senior year came and I was lucky to have Mr.Bong Osorio, who still heads Campaigns & Grey then, as my mentor. A very humble and charming person, Sir Bong has become my idol and my friend.

With Sir Bong

Stage 5: COMMITMENT
Three weeks after graduation, I landed a job at Agatep Associates Inc. where I worked closely with Sir Charlie. My stay at AAI opened a lot of opportunities for me and gained me friends in the industry. I met a lot of people, went to different placed, and rubbed elbows with prominent people. Sir Charlie always tells me, "PR is a very exciting industry!" And to that, I could only agree.

With Sir Charlie

My first event, Manila Ocean Park

With Christine Gambito a.k.a Happyslip and TJ Manotoc

I want to continue my love story with PR so I hope to join this year's Public Relations Congress. I may not work in a PR firm now now but it doesn't mean that I'm no longer interested in the industry. As a marketer and communications person, I believe I should continuously update my knowledge in order to create effective campaigns for brands that I handle.

PR Congress 2010

I am especially interested in this year's theme, "PR 2.0. Build. Engage. Deliver." I'm sure participants will learn a lot from this 2-day event scheduled on September 23-24, 2010 at the Grand Ballroom of Intercontinental Manila.

To register for the PR congress, you may visit the official website of PR 2.0 - 17th National Public Relations Congress at http://www.prsp.ph. You may also follow PR 2.0 - 17th National Public Relations Congress through Facebook for the latest news and updates.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails